Pthreads pretty printers

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Mar 29 23:51:48 UTC 2015

On 30/03/2015 8:23 am, Daniel Gutson wrote:

>    We are waiting for the (hopefully) last round of comments for our gdb
> pretty printers of glibc's NPTL.

Do you have a suitable link ?

> Is there interest here for an RTEMS version as well?

Yes. We have support for RTEMS here
https://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools/tree/tools/gdb/python and posix.py
support is something I would like to add.

To load build and install the rtems-tools package. The RSB does this now
and then in gdb do:

 (gdb) python import rtems

and for classic API we have:

 (gdb) rtems task

I have been working to clean up the package and something things in this
code base are present but need testing, eg the rbtrees.py.

The posix support would be an Id wrapper for the POSIX class threads and
then the common thread code would be used to examine the thread. A nice
feature for posix thread display would mapping the start address to a
gdb function symbol to help users know which pthread is which.