sis test results

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Mar 30 14:11:58 UTC 2015

On 3/30/2015 8:19 AM, Jiri Gaisler wrote:

> On 30/03/15 13:29, Chris Johns wrote:
>> On 30/03/2015 4:01 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> These are the sis results using the latest patched GDB/SIS.
>>>
>>> Passed:   513
>>> Failed:     2
>>> Timeouts:   6
>>> Invalid:    0
>>> -------------
>>> Total:    521
>>>
>>> Failures:
>>>  heapwalk.exe
>>>  dl02.exe
>> This is due to the test having FPU instructions and it is not enabled.
>>
>> Any hints on how to turn it on for the init task ?
> #define CONFIGURE_INIT_TASK_ATTRIBUTES    RTEMS_FLOATING_POINT

What are the FPU instructions being generated for this test and why?
When we have gotten implicitly generated instructions we have turned
on FP for all tasks.

I recall that the Gaisler tools have some different FP handling. What would
they do?

I am hesitant to turn on the FP attribute for a task where the compiler
implicitly generates FP instructions. That is not the intent when it is
behind the scenes.