[rtems-source-builder commit] Bump newlib git head

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Mar 30 16:47:37 UTC 2015

On 3/23/2015 4:38 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 24/03/2015 4:55 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>
>> On March 23, 2015 12:01:55 PM CDT, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
>>> Joel,
>>>
>>> I think the snapshot should contain this patch now. We should switch
>>> over to it, and start testing for release.
>> Ageed. AFAIK this is a good snapshot to start the freezing process with.  Please update to use it and I will start a to build when I get home.
>>
> Great to move back to a snapshot and thanks for pinging Jeff. There
> maybe a chance of one more snapshot. It will depend on Sebastian's
> current newlib patches.
+1 It should be easy to bump to a later snapshot.  Some of the trouble
I have was some of the RSB and rtems-tools waf issues you fixed where
(from my perspective) it would just randomly die.
>> We still have a gdb issue though. There are approximately two dozen patches we want against 7.9. It is all Jiri's work. I don't think we want to wait for a 7.9.1 since half are still on their mailing list pending.
>>
>> Can the RSB handle that many patches?
> Yes it should.
And it does nicely. If someone builds sparc tools today, they are in
place.

Only issue is that the sparc-rtems4.11-run command does not
take a -leon2 or -leon3 argument. You have to use sis or gdb
to get access to them. But the rtems-tester and sim-scripts
know how to do that.
>> I am prone to add them. I could flatten them into one. And put all into rtems - tools. Would that work? Just trying to narrow down issues.
> My only comment is once in the rtems-tools repo they are difficult to
> remove so a smaller number of patches keeps the repo a little cleaner.
>
> It would be good to get this moving again.
I added all the patches. It is now done. :)
> Chris
--joel