4.11 Branching

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon May 4 14:51:02 UTC 2015

Sorry to reply again.

On 5/4/2015 9:24 AM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 7:28 AM, Thomas Doerfler
> <thomas.doerfler at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am glad 4.11 will be branched soon. from our side, branching is ok.
>> So: Any open items left? Anything we can do to make the branch happen
>> soon? Any chance to do the branch within this week?
>>
> I get the feeling now the holdup is solely for Joel to manage the
> technical process. Any way to help him push through the various git
> commands and coordinate which repos need to have the same releases
> (RSB, examples-v2, others?) would probably be good.
Defining the process is a bit part of this. Chris also wanted to make
sure the
on-ramp documentation was up to date and clear.

As my last push illustrated, we also have remnants of CVS still laying
around
so at least a quick review of each repo to be tagged and released is needed.

Overall, Chris just wanted a publicly documented procedure and checklist.