4.11 Branching

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon May 4 18:36:42 UTC 2015

There is for sure a lot to do before the release, but in terms of features the master branch is ready to turn into the 4.11 branch.  We can do all release related stuff on this branch.  With Git it is easy to back port changes provided the file system structure remains intact. There is no need to delay the RTEMS development.  I have currently more than two man months of patches pending and some of them will be difficult to merge if someone else works on cleanup patches with the current master.  We have the FreeBSD timecounters, the watchdog changes, a new thread queue implementation, fine grained locking for events, message queues and semaphores, a rework of the thread priority change procedure.