Network Demos on QEMU

Sujay Raj sujayraaj at gmail.com
Sun May 10 23:17:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

netdemo of 'network-demos' doesn't run as expected. I set up tap
successfully, and am trying to run netdemo using the
rtems-testing/qemu-support scripts.

1. The echoServer starts, as visible in the terminal :
Create socket.
Bind socket.
Listen.
Accept.

But neither telnet or ping work.

2. running transmitTcp with 't' shows :Can't connect socket: Host is unreachable

3. running transmitUdp with 'u' leads to a fatal error and ends the simulation :
Create socket.
Bind socket.
Opt:0    Optlen:4
Opt:32    Optlen:4
Can't broadcast: Host is unreachable
fatal error, exiting

Note: My tap device is has been set up correctly and is working. I
tried it on ttyLinux running in QEMU, through tap, and I was able to
ssh into it. All I had to do was to manually give the IP address to
eth0 as 10.1.2.5.

So, it works for other systems, not for rtems.

The diff of my networkconfig.h file with the default
networkconfig-qemu.h has minimal change:

< extern int rtems_3c509_driver_attach (struct rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig
---
> extern int rtems_3c509_driver_attach (struct rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig *, int);

which I had to change to compile everything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.