git question

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed May 27 21:38:44 UTC 2015

On 5/27/2015 4:09 PM, Eduardo Silva wrote:
> GIT basically will not recognize any change, because at "file content
> level" there is no change, the SHA1 becomes the same.

That's what I suspected and that's right. Except git does also track
permissions. timestamp is usually bogus to store.

> note: looks like auto-generated files should not be tracked, you can add
> them to .gitignore and force the user to regenerate them.

Yeah.. that is how we do it for RTEMS but this is in a collection
of addon packages and they were in the original upstream.

I am working around this for now. This is the final set of edits
to this repo. Once it is clean and building, the packages will
not be built this way anymore. We will have recipes in the RSB.

I altered the build script for this package to touch the generated
file before configuring. That's a hack but this is short-lived. :)