Tools for RTEMS 4.12

Gabriel Ibarra gabriel.ibarra at tallertechnologies.com
Thu Nov 5 17:41:12 UTC 2015

Hi,
The issue of recursive calls of callocs was fixed in RTEMS mainline adding
-fno-builtin in the calloc.c compilation, but we made a gcc patch in order
to use -fno-builtin-calloc instead of -fno-builtin, this is more specific
and disables only calloc builtin optimization.

Currently there is an open thread in the gcc mailing list discussing the
best way to solve this issue:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2015-09/msg00300.html

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Daniel Gutson <
daniel.gutson at tallertechnologies.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Sebastian Huber
> <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> >

> > On 05/11/15 15:50, Daniel Gutson wrote:

> is
> out
> >>
> >> Out of curiosity: OpenMP on ARM? Could you detail the core name?
> >

> > What do you mean with core name? The Altera Cyclone V and Xilinx Zynq use
> > Cortex-A9 MPCore if this is what you mean.
>
> Yes, thanks.
>

> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >>     Daniel.
> >>
> >> ps: we're successfully using gcc 5.2 with custom patches that make
> >> RTEMS compile. We are currently working with the gcc community to
> >> finish one of them. We can provide them here meanwhile.
> >>

> > What is the problem with 5.2? I didn't experience problems with this GCC
> > branch.
>
> We use C++14. The problems I can remember where the recursive call to
> calloc and the global register.
> Guys? Marcos, Andrés? Please comment.
>

> > --
> > Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH
> >
> > Address : Dornierstr. 4, D-82178 Puchheim, Germany
> > Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
> > Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09
> > E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
> > PGP     : Public key available on request.
> >
> > Diese Nachricht ist keine geschäftliche Mitteilung im Sinne des EHUG.
> >

> --
>
> Daniel F. Gutson
> Chief Engineering Officer, SPD
>
> San Lorenzo 47, 3rd Floor, Office 5
> Córdoba, Argentina
>
> Phone:   +54 351 4217888 / +54 351 4218211
> Skype:    dgutson
> LinkedIn: http://ar.linkedin.com/in/danielgutson

Gabriel Alejandro Ibarra

Software Engineer