TMS570 BSP testing and problem with VFP enabled build

Pavel Pisa pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz
Mon Nov 23 20:26:58 UTC 2015

Hello Martin,

On Monday 23 of November 2015 15:19:40 Martin Galvan wrote:
> Hi Pavel, I'll give it a look. What issues are you having? Did you see
> this problem on the RTEMS samples (e.g. HelloWorld, Ticker) as well?

we have checked functionality with ticker and our complete LwIP application.

We observed problem for ticker (we run it from SDRAM) as well.
Start up messages from Init task are printed. Then three individual ticker
threads starts but then system locks. We have tried to put hardware
breakpoints all exception handlers (undef, prefetch, abort, ...) but we have
not catch anything. CPU goes to error state (ERROR let lights).
I am suspicious that problem appears when the fist started ticker thread
is to be scheduled again and VFP context restoration fails for some reason.
But I need to find time for more investigation later. We have replaced
our RTEMS loader on HDK boards we pose  to run other projects today.
The final ERROR state can be result of failed CPU reset due to active POM.
Actual problem source can be VFP contex switch code or some register
missing initialization. May it be, the fault is not at restore but during
save when lockstep founds discrepancy during save to memory.
May it be, your code sets the registers which our does not.
But generally it seems that care is taken of d0 to d15 in HalCoGen
the startup code which we use

https://github.com/hornmich/tms570ls3137-hdk-sdram/blob/master/SDRAM_SCI_configuration/source/sys_core.asm

Testing in your setup would be significant help because it is hint
if this is problem in our setup/tools or mainline change.
I need to test code with our previous toolchain version we have used
before summer as well.

Best wishes,

             Pavel