LwIP port using directly RTEMS semaphores and message queues

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Oct 12 05:44:58 UTC 2015

On 12/10/15 01:15, Pavel Pisa wrote:
> As for LwIP and RTEMS integration in general, does exists some
> idea/implementation how to make LwIP sockets the fist class RTEMS
> citizens/objects - i.e. to get file descriptor compatible with RTEMS
> read, write etc. calls same as for native RTEMS stack?

An alternative is to integrate the RTEMS support for lwIP in the lwIP
project.

> I would like to see select() supporting socket objects together
> with notification from character drivers as well one day
> to port applications waiting for more event sources in one thread
> possible. But I think that select() is not compatible with
> drivers even in RTEMS integrated stack. It it?

I have a hack for select() support in drivers and pipe():

https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/commit/?id=92a35861d4795075dcff3ebab177812c7422753f

Its not included in the main sources due to a lack of time, testing and
I am not sure if its really useful.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de