What's the purpose of RTEMS_REMOVED?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Oct 13 18:45:59 UTC 2015

On 10/13/2015 1:04 PM, Martin Galvan wrote:
> Hi everyone! I was looking at some of the sources at libmisc/shell and
> noticed the RTEMS_REMOVED macro all over the place. I'm not really
> sure of what's the purpose of this macro; I tried compiling the source
> with it defined and I bumped into many compilation errors. Right now
> I'm fixing them, but it seems that the code enclosed inside the #if
> RTEMS_REMOVED directives is obsolete.
>
> Should I fix the compilation errors, or just remove the dead code?

The code in question is all from somewhere else and the parts that
don't/won't work from RTEMS are intentionally disabled.

They are marked with RTEMS_REMOVED rather than deleted because it
makes getting updates from the original location easier. The changes
when you diff are more contained and well defined this way.

Don't remove it and don't enable it.

--joel