Suggestions for BSPs to Obsolete

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Oct 14 02:32:05 UTC 2015

On October 13, 2015 8:24:32 PM CDT, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:
>On 14/10/2015 11:06 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> I am looking for suggestions on BSPs to remove. If you
>> have used a BSP in the past but no longer use it, please
>> speak up. BSPs with no users are baggage to the project.
>>
>> If you have suggestions for other reasons, please speak up
>> as well. EOLed boards that no one can have, custom
>> variants that are no longer in use, etc.
>>
>> Help reduce the maintenance!
>
>ods68302 and some of the older m68k BSPs?

I think so. Mvme136 and sin68000 are also options. We can go architecture by architecture but we probably need a timeout from announcement to removing. Not terribly long but time.

>Do we have a list of BSPs we can actually test?

It is easy to prepare a list that we know run on simulators. From there, it is a matter of who has what boards and can commit to regular testing.

Obviously, long term we need a better solution. Buildbot with instructions on building a remotely controlled board for testing.