Per-BSP confdefs (or resource allocation)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Oct 22 07:00:23 UTC 2015

On 22/10/2015 4:57 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> With "would be" I meant that it is technically possible. There is some
> work necessary to actually use it. My approach would be to move the
> FreeBSD synchronization objects from libbsd to RTEMS, since they offer
> the best designed APIs.

That is a significant architectural change and requires further
consideration before making it generally available. This is not a
comment of the value of the change.

In the mean time could linker sets be used in drivers or BSPs to declare
a table of "resources" they need and these are added to the confdefs.h
defined values during initialisation?