Getting waf RTEMS Build Moving Again

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Sep 29 14:44:00 UTC 2015

Hi

Now that we are past 4.11 branching (and needing a release cut),
it would be great if we could focus on finishing off the waf build
infrastructure for RTEMS.

If you have built the new network stack, you will have noticed
how much faster this builds with waf. There are ~800 files to
be built and it takes just seconds. waf parallelizes on multi-core
machines much better.

Amar did the work at a time we could not risk the instability.
Now we can focus on that.

How can we all ensure the next major release (hopefully not
that far into the future) will be waf-based?

This is a community and this really will get many hands to
accomplish.

--joel