How will user's compile with Makefiles? Was: Re: large bss size for sample applications

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Sep 29 20:01:46 UTC 2015

On 30/09/2015 12:22 am, Thomas Dörfler wrote:
> But before we onnounce it, we should at least have a plan on how it will
> look like. Otherwise we will generate lots of confusion, which does not
> lead to anything.

Yes this is important. A key feature of the waf build system for RTEMS
is getting the BSP settings and options in a format that can be reported.

I would hope those users who have an interest in a specific build system
contribute support to ease user building applications.

We just need to get back to the waf build system project.