Starting Tool Bump

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sat Apr 2 16:16:21 UTC 2016

Hi

I am starting a tool bump to:

gcc-6-20160327
newlib-2.4.0

I am switching rtems-default to that and will be starting the tool builds
followed
by a build of all BSPs after that.

This is needed for a few changes over the past month:

+ newlib's standard feature flags were completely reworked to be more
correct
+ newlib epiphany machine code had random/srandom and they are now in
   in portable location
+ newlib i386 setjmp does not disable interrupts anymore
+ misc improvements from newlib community
+ gcc fixed a false postive warning I reported

Once these tools are available to the community, I highly recommend
compiling
as much user and third party code as possible. The newlib feature flag
change
pointed out a few places we didn't set the right OS/standard level feature
flags
before including .h files. I expect the same issue in user code.

--joel