PWM driver tested in RTEMS with RGB

punit vara punitvara at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 16:34:34 UTC 2016

Hi all !

I had successfully merged the TI Starter Ware Code with RTEMS. Then I tried
to test it with sample application with RGB. As a result I was able to glow
the LED with that code but unfortunately, LED was only glowing constantly.
It did not blink (at all !!!) according to duty cycle and frequency.
Yesterday I written my own functions similarly as Worth Burruss suggested
me. But they are not exactly same as he told. Those functions are

1. To initialize PWM
2. To Enable PWM
3. To Disable PWM
4. Pinmux for PWM module

I have used some Ti Starter Ware clock config functions along with my own
written functions and successfully able to test PWM driver on RGB LED.
Video is uploaded on youtube and please find the link as below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsdtgVj-ZxU

Please let me know if is there any problems with video.

Application description :

PWM 2nd module is used with 100 Hz frequency, 20% Duty cycle on  EHRPWM A
pin and 50 % Duty cycle on EHRPWM B pin. More precise description is
written below video on youtube.

Martin, you told there are problem with some functions it would be better
if you can share so that I can troubleshoot which TI Starter Ware code
should I edit. Any comments and suggestions from community members are most
welcome.  I will soon share the code after suggestions or comments.

Thank you,
Punit Vara