libbsd errors with the latest tools ...

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Apr 17 23:13:40 UTC 2016

On 15/04/2016 22:50, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Jeff and I both have built rtems-libbsd with the latest RSB tools for
> i386 and
> didn't see any issues.  Chris.. you got me through a waf submodule update
> yesterday and it built fine after that.

I was on 4.11 and had not noticed.

I am on master now and cleaning up the build scripts generation. I am:

1. Finish moving the python code to Python2 and Python3.
2. Adding an RTEMS version number to libbsd.py and adding support to
rtems_waf to use this.
3. Removing makefile support and removing the Makefile.
4. Adding support to detect if CFLAGS, CC or other environment variables
are set in rtems_waf. At the moment I will just raise a warning. Some
variables can cause unexpected behaviour by overriding what rtems_waf
does but there maybe a cases where this is useful.
5. Building on Windows.

I am testing with waf-1.8.20 (14c787c991e1d9badd9d302bc9eaa060e9d4b03c)

> All I can say that I expected issues due to the feature guard changes and
> as soon as Sebastian's patch set is in and there is a newlib snapshot, we
> need to bump the tools again.
>
> In the mean time, do we want the RSB to apply that patch?

Which patch is this?

> We also have the crt0.c one.

The crt0.o one is in the RSB.