GCC 6 Release Candiate

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Apr 18 15:52:02 UTC 2016

Using my rtems.org email this time so the entire list sees this.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Pavel Pisa <pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz> wrote:

> Hello Sebastian and others,
>
> On Monday 18 of April 2016 12:49:33 Sebastian Huber wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I updated the RTEMS 4.12 RSB tool chain to use the GCC 6.1 release
> > candidate.
> >
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2016-04/msg00109.html
>
> only for information, I have updated my local
> toolchain build to GCC 6.1 RC and tested current
> RTEMS mainline with i386 QEMU, LPC178x and TMS570
> boards and all targets have workend well.
> But testing has been only basic till now
> but included LPC178x with RTEMS integrated TCP/IP
> stack and TMS570 with LwIP.

Thanks for the testing Pavel!

I will get my moxie fix on the branch so hopefully the next snapshot
will let us link C++ moxie programs.

Did anyone see this thread about SH atomics?

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2016-04/msg00112.html

Do we want to try to fix this on the 6.1 branch?

--joel