[civetweb] Interface for setting stack size and scheduler options

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Thu Apr 21 05:55:47 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm currently try to replace our mongoose port with a current version of
civetweb. Civetweb is a fork of the last MIT licensed version of
mongoose that is still maintained under the MIT license.

To reduce the number of patches that are necessary, I tried to clean up
the patch that allows setting stack size and scheduler policy with a
parameter and commit it to civetweb. In RTEMS I introduced the
parameters with this patch back in 2012:
https://git.rtems.org/rtems/commit/?id=54da7c3e55056efd93adece52076b720490258d6

The maintainer signalized, that he would integrate patches to improve
the compatibility but he isn't really happy about setting the stack size
and scheduling options using parameters. This parameters would be
visible to users of the standalone version too and could lead to wrong
configurations. Instead he suggests a interface that would be visible
for the library only:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/civetweb/_Mul9PxgpBE

Eventually someone could add a few thoughts what would be a good solution?

Thanks

Christian Mauderer

embedded brains GmbH
Christian Mauderer