Error while building arm/realview_pbx_a9_qemu BSP

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Apr 14 23:12:31 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Deval Shah <deval.maker at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 10:34 PM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Deval Shah <deval.maker at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> from

>> Use git.rtems.org
>
> Yes, this helped. Thank you. Now I am able to build rtems-libbsd for
> arm/realview_pbx_a9_qemu BSP.
> How can I test it now ?

The rtems-testing git repo has a sim-scripts directory with scripts to help
you invoke qemu on
particular RTEMS executables. You definitely should ensure you can run
hello and ticker
as a next step.

> Is there any other thing to build or explore to get familiarised with the
> system before I start GSoC project ?

Once you get ticker running on qemu with this BSP, you should make sure you
can run ticker
on a Pi and rtems-libbsd on the Realview/Qemu combination. That will keep
you moving
in the right direction.

rtems-libbsd has the USB stack and Ethernet stack. So being able to run
that code anywhere is good.
Similarly, you will need to know how to execute applications on the Pi.

--joel