I2C Driver Support

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Apr 20 06:53:54 UTC 2016

On 20/04/2016 15:58, Sebastian Huber wrote:

> for I2C drivers we have basically the same problem as for the console
> drivers.

Thank you for raising this.

In time the old vs the new network stack will need the same review.

> Three I2C driver variants exist
>
> * no framework drivers,
> * libi2c drivers, and
> * drivers using the Linux compatible API (all new BSPs should use this
> framework).

Can we please get a list of each of the BSPs which fall in to each group?

Are you able to provide a simple technical break down about each group,
eg reusable, SMP, user support, etc?

We should select the preferred model and then determine what we can do
to move all code to that model.