Update Atsam BSP Support

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Dec 15 00:24:08 UTC 2016

On 15/12/2016 00:54, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> I would like to refresh this topic.
>
> On 05/10/16 16:17, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>> That makes sense.

>>> each BSP
>>> content from

> Would it be possible to add such a Trac add-on? I guess I can modify it
> so that it works for our purpose, but I don't know how to install it.

Lets see if this is the way we should go before we head down this path.
Any support added needs to be secure and this simple issue complicates
what we can or should use in Trac.

> It would be quite nice if we can write BSP README files in
> reStructuredText placed in the Git repository that show up on the wiki.

I support using the ReST format.

I am not convinced the Wiki is the best place to land this
documentation. These READMEs are really good documentation and we need
better BSP documentation. Having it included in the release
documentation would be nice.

Why not add this documentation to the rtems-docs.git repo?

Having the BSP doco in the rtems-docs.git repo means we can make and
publish the doc formats we support, ie HTML and PDF, because that repo
has all the support needed to build the documentation. It is also
supported as part of the release procedure.

If the desire is to keep this documentation close to the source, which
is attractive, and using rtems-docs.git is a good idea then we need to
figure out how to handle this.