Regarding modified hello world example

Tanu Hari Dixit tokencolour at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 00:22:58 UTC 2016

Hello Joel,

Thank you for your reply.

> Congratulations on getting it working. Please post your diff to hello world
> and a screenshot.

I'll post the diff and the screenshot ASAP.

> What host OS are you using?

I'm working on Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

> What type of project are you interested in doing? Depending on the project,
> you may have to move to another BSP which has a simulator with same
> networking or graphics support. Or you may need to be on actual hardware.
> We can guide you through BSP selection after we know what you want to do.

I went through https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/OpenProjects and
I am interested in contributing to the following projects in
decreasing order of preference :

# Implementing MMU low-level support code for more BSPs.
    *Work Package flow as given at
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Projects/MMU_Support#TheWorkpackageFlow
    *Mid Level APIs as given at
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Projects/MMU_Support#MidLevelAPIs
    *Are these already implemented? Can you please provide me pointers
on the current status?

# Testing by Fault injection
    * I found http://rtems-fi.blogspot.in/ and I browsed through
https://github.com/salpha2004/slingshot
    * I guess these
(https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/SOCIS/2016#FutureWorks) are the things
left to be done.

# RISC-V related work
    *I did not find it listed on the Open Projects page. Is there some
work already done on this front?

# RTEMS Scikit
    *The project page says it is uninitiated. Is this still true?
    *Is this exactly about scientific applications that will run on
RTEMS? What exactly has to be done?

# Python GDB Support
    *The page (https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Projects/GDB_Python) says
that this project is under heavy development.  Is this still true?

Which of these projects will be best suitable for me? Could you please
provide me with some beginner friendly tasks in relation to these
projects? My plan is to get comfortable with RTEMS and perhaps its
software architecture (whenever required) and contribute something to
it. This will help me make a decent GSoC effort, when the time comes.

> Disclaimer: No organizations have applied to GSOC and there is no guarantee
> we will be accepted. :)

I understand.

> --joel

Tanu Hari Dixit.