RTEMS SMP Status Report v3

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Dec 20 22:43:24 UTC 2016

On 21/12/2016 08:45, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:
>> On 19/12/2016 20:07, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> there is a third version of an RTEMS SMP Status Report available at:
>>>

>>> http://microelectronics.esa.int/gr740/RTEMS-SMP-StatusReportEmbBrains-rev3-2016-12.pdf
>>>

>> This is an excellent report.
>>
>> Should some parts of this be added to the User Manual under an SMP section?
>>
> I would rather have a collection of "Technical Reports" that are
> developer-community supported.

Yes of course, the report stands alone and I was not intending to say
otherwise.

There are really good parts on how to write suitable SMP apps and also
on the issues of moving code from a uni-processor to SMP system. I see
these as being great user focused topics. It would be good if we can
take what is there as base and reuse what we need, that is all I was asking.