RTEMS SMP Status Report v3

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Dec 22 01:12:18 UTC 2016

On 22/12/2016 01:19, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> The POSIX API provides no binary semaphores, so task/interrupt
> synchronization is a problem. So, for drivers there is still a need for
> some RTEMS-specific APIs.

I like the idea of NP additions help us here. We already have
pthread_getaffinity_np.

A user knows their code will not be portable under the POSIX standard
when using 'pthread_*_np' calls and using the Classic is not portable
anyway so there is real difference with portability. At least with just
one API in use there is the ability to reduce the code in the final
image by limiting the APIs linked in.