Participation in GSoC 2017

Sagar Gupta sagarguptamonu1996 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 10:56:06 UTC 2016

Hello ,

My name is Sagar Gupta and I'd like to be a part of the RTEMS project for
GSoC 2017.

As of now, I have been through quite a bit of the 'Getting Started
documentation' available on the wiki, and have managed to set up a working
environment for SPARC/SIS. The wiki says prospective students need to
provide proof of setting up the environment. I've send a patch with the
modified Hello World test program after I ran it with ' sparc-rtems4.12-gdb
' as shown on the wiki page. Please do let me know if I need to provide
anything else.

I've seen that the preferred method of sending patches to this mailing list
is via git send-email which would send the patches in-line.
I used it to send my patch.( Devel Digest , Vol 61 , Issue 32)
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2016-December/016554.html

I'd also like to discuss about prospective open projects. I've been through
the Open Projects page and found a few that I'd be interested in. Please do
let me know if they're still available and if there's continued interest in
seeing them fulfilled. I'm listing them in no particular order:

1.  Condition Variables:
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Projects/Open/Condition_Variables

2. Rump Kernels:
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Projects/Open/RumpKernels

3.  Raspberry pi Imporvements
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Projects/Open/ImproveRaspberryPiBSP

4.  update the RTEMS TCP/IP stack
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Projects/TCP/IP_update

5. RTEMS IOT Infrastructure
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Projects/Open/InternetOfThings

The above listed projects seem rather more interesting to me from
the entire list and I would not mind working on any of them. I am open
to other project suggestions as well. Since, I  Haven't played around with
RTEMS enough yet .

Warm Regards ,

Sagar Gupta
Phone +91-8686146518