RTEMS SMP Status Report v3

Cudmore, Alan P. (GSFC-5820) alan.p.cudmore at nasa.gov
Wed Dec 21 14:02:03 UTC 2016

I agree, it’s an excellent report. Thanks for the SMP implementation in RTEMS, it is very important to our future work.

In the past I have used the classic RTEMS API. For SMP applications, is there a preferred API? Does the POSIX API offer more control or features over the Classic API for SMP?

Thanks,
Alan

On 12/21/16, 1:08 AM, "devel on behalf of Sebastian Huber" <devel-bounces at rtems.org on behalf of sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

    On 20/12/16 23:43, Chris Johns wrote:
    > On 21/12/2016 08:45, Gedare Bloom wrote:

    >>> This is an excellent report.
    >>>
    >>> Should some parts of this be added to the User Manual under an SMP
    >>> section?
    >>>
    >> I would rather have a collection of "Technical Reports" that are
    >> developer-community supported.
    >>

    > Yes of course, the report stands alone and I was not intending to say
    > otherwise.
    >
    > There are really good parts on how to write suitable SMP apps and also
    > on the issues of moving code from a uni-processor to SMP system. I see
    > these as being great user focused topics. It would be good if we can
    > take what is there as base and reuse what we need, that is all I was
    > asking.

    Some parts are already in the user manual. I work currently on user
    manual updates for SMP.

    E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de