Participation in GSoC 2016

Deval Shah deval.maker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 19:05:25 UTC 2016

Hello,

My name is Deval Shah. I'm a final year undergrad student in
Electrical and Electronics at Bits-Pilani Hyderabad Campus.
I'd like to be a part of the RTEMS project for GSoC 2016.

Sometime back I interacted in this group for projects related to
Raspberry PI. I was asked to visit previous year GSOC projects and try
them.
I built system and ran on my Raspberry PI ( Ver 1 Model B+ ). I am
successfully able to run testsuits and RKI.
I tried out controlling GPIO on raspberry pi which was a part of one
of the last year's GSOC project.
As per the wiki for the prospective students, I am attaching proof for
setting up RTEMS environment. I am having some issues with setting up
"git send-email". That's why I am attaching patch file here. I will
try to fix that as soon as possible.

I'd like to discuss prospective projects.
1. Since i2c and framebuffer support (as the part of Graphics support)
are integrated, are we ready for Raspberry PI Camera support?
2. Are there any pending tasks from the previous year GSOC which can
be continued for raspberry pi? As the open project list for Raspberry
pi was not updated after GSOC I am unable to figure out which of the
projects are completed fully.

I very much look forward for any pointers on this.
I am eager to work for RTEMS organization because I believe my skill
set is best suited for this.

Thanking you,
Deval Shah