Python problem

punit vara punitvara at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 12:20:03 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 1:58 AM, Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:
> This looks like the message gdb prints when the python development libraries
> are not installed. Yes. It is a bad error message. Try this:
>
> https://docs.rtems.org/rsb/#_ubuntu
>
> --joel
>
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
>>
>> you might try ubuntu's community / support?
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 5:35 AM, punit vara <punitvara at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I am facing python problem since long time. I updated my system to
>> > ubuntu 15.10 from 15.04 as I was facing python problem but eventually
>> > I ended up with the same problem I came across before.
>> >
>> > Python -V shows python 2.7.10
>> >
>> > But when Check error log it says
>> >
>> > checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
>> > checking for python2.7... no
>> > configure: error: python is missing or unusable
>> > Makefile:8643: recipe for target 'configure-gdb' failed
>> >
>> > When I try to do following
>> >
>> > $ sudo apt-get build-dep binutils gcc g++ gdb unzip git python2.7-dev
>> >
>> > In this I found out ubuntu is picking python2.7 instead of
>> > python2.7-dev. It seems to me if anyhow I can force OS to pick
>> > python2.7-dev then this problem can be solved But I don't know how to
>> > do this.Can somebody please help regarding this? Any help would be
>> > appreciated.

I already tried that Joel. I am facing the same problem one developer
faced mentioned here in feedback.
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GCI/Coding/HelloWorld for ubuntu 15.10 .
I have to try ubuntu because I don't know exactly where I can force
build-rep to build with python2.7-dev instead of python2.7  .For cent
os someone already solved the problem here
https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2275. This is the only thing stopping
me to contribute to RTEMS I hope I will soon find some solution.