Python problem

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Feb 9 14:51:09 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 8:15 AM, punit vara <punitvara at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 6:56 PM, Aun-Ali Zaidi <admin at kodeit.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was having the same problem yesterday and managed to find a fix by
> > installing libpython2.7-dev:
> >
> > sudo apt-get install libpython2.7-dev
> >
> > Aun-Ali Zaidi
> >

> Thanks Aun-Ali. I have tried but again I am getting same error.
> Because this package would get installed when you install
> python2.7-dev

Can you look in the config.log for gdb where the failure occurred? Or even
at the configure.in/ac script in its source. It is looking for a very
specific
file to link against and failing.

yum have a "provides" subcommand to search for which package provides
a specific file. Apt must have a similar capability.

So you can figure out the file gdb needs to link and the corresponding
package which includes it.

--joel