Regarding GSOC 2016 BSP for BBB

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Feb 15 16:16:33 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 7:31 AM, punit vara <punitvara at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am in my final year of Master of embedded system course. Last year
> only I came to know about GSOC .I came to know about amazing rtos
> rtems while searching for embedded system projects. I was bit late to
> proceed proposal last year as I was not aware that much.This could be
> my last chance to get selected for GSOC 2016. I am interested for
> developing BSP for BBB as I have beaglebone black. I have read some of
> peripheral need support.   Could I take this project this year ? If
> yes , any suggestions for improving my chance to get selected this
> year are welcome.

I wasn't the mentor for the BB and Pi tasks last year although I tracked
and helped answer questions.

The BBB has a BSP with a number of the peripherals completed. I think you
need to review the current BSP to see what is missing. Looking at the status
reports from the projects last year will also help.

I am honestly unsure of what remains.

--joel