OpenRISC patch series...

Hesham Almatary heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 14:51:53 UTC 2016

Hi Jakob,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 11:59 PM, Jakob Viketoft
<jakob.viketoft at aacmicrotec.com> wrote:

> [...]
The port was working fine late 2014 on both or1ksim and QEMU.
Actually it passed the 467 out of 503 tests part of RTEMS Tester at
this time. In 2015, the port supported running or1k on real hardware
FPGA/Atlys and that's why the BSP name changes from or1ksim to
generic_or1k.

Have you tested the changes on real hardware and/or simulator? I
noticed you said you're using your own toolchain and not RSB. This
might not work for RTEMS, as the port assumes the upstream tools built
by RSB (except for GCC since it didn't get upstream yet). The other
option is to add your own changes to or1k gcc [1] and push any other
patches upstream like what Sebastian suggested.

[1] https://github.com/openrisc/or1k-gcc/tree/or1k-5.2.0

> Jakob Viketoft
> Senior Engineer in RTL and embedded software
>
> ÅAC Microtec AB
> Dag Hammarskjölds väg 48
> SE-751 83 Uppsala, Sweden
>
> T: +46 702 80 95 97