Many BSPs Fail to link CXX tests

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Jan 4 00:24:38 UTC 2016

On 12/27/15 02:39, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> I noticed in a build of all BSPs that a number have trouble
> linking some of the larger tests. Rather than add them to
> the tcfg files, is it time to turn on per-function/data item
> linking to all the BSPs?

Does this work for architectures?

For C++ this makes sense but does it for C? We have worked hard to break
down our code into small pieces to ensure we link only what is needed.
My concern is per-function linking relaxes this but it is important?. It
becomes difficult to avoid doing this if it is supported by an
architecture because it works on all code including 3rd party libraries
which is a huge win.