Switching m68k BSPs to linkcmds.base

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sat Jan 23 23:36:14 UTC 2016

Hi

This file is currently used by only one BSP and it isn't in sync with the
start code that five of the BSPs use.  I looked at the genmcf548x BSP for
guidance but it appears to inherit the stack it starts on and doesn't have
bss clear code in start.S.

The shared start.S needs a starting stack and the following symbols:

_clear_start and _clear_end

What do those symbols map to in the linkcmds.shared?

Any thoughts on the starting stack other than to declare it in the shared
start.S?

Just thinking I can move a few BSPs to shared easily if I can address this
issue.

Thanks.

--joel