Many BSPs Fail to link CXX tests

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Jan 6 16:22:35 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 7:57 PM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> The part about testing with a simulator is vague. But you can go ahead
> >> and generate tasks. Create 1 task per architecture that remains, and
> >> allow 5 instances for each.
> >>

> > Huh? How about one per BSP Family? If we do it the way you suggest,
> > we will have to assign BSPs to each student as they go.
> >
> > I have not gotten close to perfect at using the right reply-to address.
> :(
> >
> One per family is fine. I just noticed, we need to have the linkcmds
> task also to add KEEP directives.

Can you add that to the description and which sections?

FWIW I am going to hack my build script to generate the size report and
build in the desired configuration. With it and on a fast machine, I can
probably do a single BSP (one variant) in ~15 minutes. But more variants,
slower machine, or less familiarity will slow that down a lot.