Help required with RTEMS Capture Engine.

vivek kukreja vivekkukreja5 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 08:30:55 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I'm Vivek Kukreja and i'm working on Capture Engine for GSoC this year. I'm running rtems 4.12 and I came across an error on running the capture.exe example to trace user extensions.
The 'ctrace' command is giving an error RTEMS_UNSATISFIED.
I think this error is due to a faulty if condition in cpukit/libmisc/capture.c

I think the following exit condition is inconsistent:
if ( (capture_flags_global & RTEMS_CAPTURE_ON) != 0 )

And it should be:
if ( (capture_flags_global & RTEMS_CAPTURE_ON) == 0 )

I've been asked to open a ticket for this bug but i wanted to confirm beforehand if anyone else faced this issue, since the capture engine code was commited 16months back.

Regards,
Vivek