Dynamic linking in RTEMS

Pavel Pisa pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz
Tue Jul 19 15:12:46 UTC 2016

Hello Saeed,

libdl had been merged to RTEMS mainline.

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/libdl

There is even example how to use it in mainline
and shell functions for test from commandline

int shell_dlopen (int argc, char* argv[]);
int shell_dlclose (int argc, char* argv[]);
int shell_dlsym (int argc, char* argv[]);
int shell_dlcall (int argc, char* argv[]);

The test cases are included in mainline as well

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/testsuites/libtests/dl01

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/testsuites/libtests/dl02

There is some my example for dlopen shell command as well.

https://rtime.felk.cvut.cz/gitweb/rtems-devel.git/blob/HEAD:/rtems-omk-template/appdl/init.c

I have posted recently cache operations patches series
which is pending comments. This includes some corrections
required to synchronize caches after code load and relocate.
These patches are required to use libdl on CPUs
where instruction cache is not snooped/synchronized
automatically (most RISCs, ARM, PowerPC etc.).

Best wishes
                Pavel
--

                Pavel Pisa