Internal time representations

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jul 27 23:33:29 UTC 2016

On 28/07/2016 07:29, Pavel Pisa wrote:

> But discussion and counter examples are welcome.

How do these time formats interact with time management protocol like
NTP and PTP?

We should consider NTP and PTP interfaces if we are reviewing how we
manage time. I am not asking these be implemented however it would be
nice to know where we stand in relation to these protocols and the
demands they make on kernel interfaces and time formats. A time goes on
RTEMS will be need to interact with NTP and PTP (pun intended).

Use case for PTP, a distributed 1 micro-second aligned synchronisation
pulse distributed by IEEE 1588 switches.