Error while adding usb ethernet driver

Deval Shah deval.maker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 06:54:22 UTC 2016

I have got some more issues on which I want some help.

1. I updated the rtems-libbsd to the latest version, and it looks like all
the device_printf are closed in one of the update. I am not able to see any
log coming from them. Is there any way to switch that on ?

2. I could not find file "rtems/bsd/local/opt_platform.h" in my build. This
is used by if_smsc.c. What is the alternative file ? or should I just
comment this out ?

3. Chris asked me to see the changes from the file sys/dev/cadence/if_cgem.c
and apply in the usb_ethernet driver. I am unable to find alternative of
the variable "n" at line "sc->ifp->if_collisions += n;" in the file
if_smsc.c.

4. if_smsc.c is using the function "usbd_m_copy_in" which is present in the
file sys/dev/usb/usb_busdma.c. But due to this macro #if USB_HAVE_MBUF the
function is not getting compiled. From where to switch this macro on ?

Thanks,
Deval Shah