Error while adding usb ethernet driver

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Jun 27 21:42:11 UTC 2016

On 27/06/2016 22:29, Deval Shah wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to add USB-Ethernet driver for Raspberry Pi. I added
> required files to libbsd.py and tried to compile.
>
> I am getting the following error which is very strange because the
> symbols in this error are already defined in net/if_var.h and the file
> is included in usb_ethernet.c.

$ grep -r if_inc_counter freebsd/sys/net/if_var.h
$

> ../../freebsd/sys/dev/usb/net/usb_ethernet.c: In function 'uether_rxmbuf':
> ../../freebsd/sys/dev/usb/net/usb_ethernet.c:585:22: error:
> 'IFCOUNTER_IPACKETS' undeclared (first use in this function)
>    if_inc_counter(ifp, IFCOUNTER_IPACKETS, 1);

This is something added to FreeBSD after our snapshot. The Cadence net
driver for the Zynq has similar code which Sebastian has amended. Check
in sys/dev/cadence/if_cgem.c.

It might pay for us to add these to an RTEMS header to make porting simpler.

Please make sure your libbsd is up to date. I added support for device
sysctl's on the master branch yesterday so that code should work.