testing pc386 with qemu?

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Sun Jun 19 14:06:45 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Thursday 09 of June 2016 02:54:17 Chris Johns wrote:
> On 09/06/2016 09:57, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> >>
> >> Is this the RSB qemu or another one?
> >
> > RSB built, but awhile back.
> > QEMU emulator version 2.3.50, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard
>
> Thanks.

> >> I will take a look.

> >> What boot flags did you supply?
> >
> > I was using the qemu -kernel method to load the executable. I did not
> > try with a boot disk.
>
> I have never tried this with the i386. I suppose the multiboot and
> related paths are fine with this, they should be.

I have rebuild RTEMS from actual head (I hope make rebuild right files
according to the dependencies) and run it by QEMU

  QEMU emulator version 2.6.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

 qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -kernel $APP_BINARY \
      -vga cirrus \
      -net nic,vlan=0,model=e1000 -net user,vlan=0 \
      -append "--console=com1" \
      -serial stdio \

and output appears right on the console.
I have tested without --console=com1 argument and output
goes to QEMU emulated VESA screen.

So the run of RTEMS through -kernel option seems to work
(at least on my computer).

Best wishes,

              Pavel