testing pc386 with qemu?

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Mon Jun 20 00:34:20 UTC 2016

Hello Chris,

On Monday 20 of June 2016 01:58:09 Chris Johns wrote:
> On 20/06/2016 09:08, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > Does this append to the boot arguments?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If so, shouldn't it be /dev/com1? Or did you fix that Chris to work both
> > ways on the master?
>
> Yes. I noticed this after I sent the email. The doco in the wiki is
> correct ...
>
> https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Simulators/QEMU#BootinganRTEMSexecut
>abledirectlywithqemu

I have not looked into code but I have feeling that

  --console=com1

worked for me. Is there support for both or only

  --console=/dev/com1 is p

is guaranteed now?

As for my usual options

  -net nic,vlan=0,model=e1000 -net user,vlan=0

I have feeling that they are incorrect for RTEMS because
I have found e1000 PCI support only in some PowerPC RTME BSP.

So the line should be changed to something which
is supported by current RTEMS.

Best wishes,

               Pavel