Raspberry pi not working with latest compiler and rtems-git

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Tue Jun 21 23:24:10 UTC 2016

Hello Alan,

On Wednesday 22 of June 2016 01:00:39 Alan Cudmore wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
> The HDMI Console! I do have it enabled, so I’m sure that’s it.
> You saved me a lot of time.
> Thanks,
> Alan

but at least on my board/setup when RPi HDMI connector
is not connected to monitor then console is not switches/
ticker output continues on the serial port.

The detection is little hacky/comparison with know default
width/height.

So if you do not have connected monitor output should
work. Or your board reports different state/resolution
in disconnected case.

It would be much better if some firmware function
is know to explicitly report monitor is/is not connected.
But Get EDID block functions describes that it returns
one block unconditionally

https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/wiki/Mailbox-property-interface

If it could report error if monitor is not connected
then it would be better. It would worth to test that
wit different firmwares and monitors connected/disconnected
in future.

Best wishes,

              Pavel