BBB GSoC Projects was Re: Gsoc 2016 project proposal

Ketul Shah ketulshah1993 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 08:39:46 UTC 2016

Hello Punit and all,

According to me, Punit you must have completed some gpio test through gpio
API that was merged last year. So till the final result of accepted student
you can start working with PWM driver that plays an important role for any
embedded project. This would be a good kick-start for you as well as a
strong reason to showcase in your proposal. Try to give hardware test and
post the video if possible.

Coming to further I2C and SPI can be next milestones. To me these should be
at the highest priorities. I had done I2C driver but was not able to make
the hardware test. So you can also refer that and come up with the output
along with best modifications.

Next target you can set for SPI after both drivers are tested and committed.

For the references you can always have a loot at code of GPIO
API,MINIX,FreeBSD for BBB drivers.

Any suggestions ?

In case of any queries you can always ping.

Cheers,
Ketul