A virtio front-end driver for RTEMS

Jinhyun jinhyun at konkuk.ac.kr
Tue Mar 8 10:43:12 UTC 2016

Hi,
I am a graduate student of System Software Lab at Konkuk University
(http://sslab.konkuk.ac.kr).
We are implementing a virtio front-end network driver for RTEMS and have
published some preliminary results in ACM SIGBED Review
(http://sigbed.seas.
upenn.edu/archives/2016-01/EWiLi15_5.pdf).
The current version of our implementation runs quite stably with RTEMS-pc386
over KVM hypervisor (linux 3.18.0).
Now we are trying to make it work over VirtualBox.

If the RTEMS community is interested in our work, we’d like to open the
source codes and contribute to RTEMS. However, currently, we are not sure
whether our virtio driver is better to be incorporated in an RTEMS
source branch or to be managed separately through our own GitHub for
example. Please give your advice.

with best regards,
Jin-Hyun