Participation in GSoC 2016

Deval Shah deval.maker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 13:19:00 UTC 2016

Hello everyone!

I went through the links and blogs of the SD card and USB/Ethernet
project for Raspberry PI. I would like to work for the USB/Ethernet
support project.

I have prepared a draft of the timeline as follows:

Acceptance Waiting Period:
Understanding previous year's GSOC work

First Half:
completing USB support for RPI
Testing USB and add drivers for HIDs like Mouse and Keyboard

Second Half:
Adding Ethernet Support
Testing (ARP, PING, DHCP, FTP, TFTP)
Adding support for lwIP (since it is already ported to BBB, this
should not take more time)

If we have wifi support in RTEMS, can support of a USB wifi module be
added to the project?

I'd really appreciate any feedback on my deliverables, especially
regarding the feasibility of doing it in this time frame. If there is
anything I may have missed out or anything else I should consider as a
part of this, I'd be really glad if someone could point that out, so
as to increase my chances of selection.

A quick question: How can I add my name to the tracking list @
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2016 ?

Deval Shah