Regarding GSOC 2016 BBB Mentor

Marcos Díaz marcos.diaz at tallertechnologies.com
Fri Mar 11 13:43:33 UTC 2016

Hi, here at Taller we developed some patches for the BBB bsp.
The idea of the bootloader is good, in order to not depend anymore on
U-Boot.
Other possible drivers are I2c, pwm and maybe others. We have I2c working
on RTEMS, but using TI StarterWare drivers. you should port them to the
RTEMS bsp.
So, either me or Martin Galvan offer to be your mentor / co-mentor. I also
think that BenGras can be very helpful for this BSP.
Greetings.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 6:49 AM, punit vara <punitvara at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Jarielle Catbagan <
> jariellecatbagan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Punit,
>>
>> I was working on porting the MicroMonitor (uMon) bootloader to the BBB
>> last year's GSoC 2015.  There is actually still some work that needs to be
>> done.  At the moment, Ethernet functionality and booting application images
>> still need to be implemented to get it to the point of making it a usable
>> bootloader for the BBB.  If you're interested in pursuing this as a
>> project, feel free to drop on by at umon-devel at rtems.org if you have any
>> questions.
>>
>> Best,
>> Jarielle
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 8:43 PM, punit vara <punitvara at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am ready with RTEMS hello world on Beagle bone black (
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyOHU02bsvw&index=6&list=PL2muodf7ZnYcS18wkilESuJpZGj4mYSMJ)
>>> and interested to improve BBB BSP . Currently I am testing GPIO and will
>>> work on PWM driver for showcasing on my proposal. But I am afraid that I
>>> have not listened anything from Ben Gras. Is some else will mentor me  ? If
>>> not then should I stick with my BBB idea or go for another RTEMS project
>>> for which some one can mentor me ? I have already asked this question
>>> before but I am little worried that is why I created new thread. Any
>>> suggestions will be appreciated.

>> Thank you Jarielle. I have idea too but I will look into your idea. But I
> am worried about mentor .Usually Ben Gras mentor for BBB but this time I
> don't know that's why I would like to know who can mentor me. If nobody is
> going to mentor BBB this time then my proposal might be rejected :-(

<http://www.tallertechnologies.com>

Marcos Díaz

Software Engineer

San Lorenzo 47, 3rd Floor, Office 5

Córdoba, Argentina

Phone: +54 351 4217888 / +54 351 4218211/ +54 351 7617452

Skype: markdiaz22