Hi, I want to work with paravirtualization on RTEMS as GSoC student.

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Mar 17 18:52:17 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 2:15 AM, 황원준 <hwj1593 at naver.com> wrote:

> I have experience building kernel and changing kernel and developing the
> erc32 to leon3 dynamic binary translation application in RTEMS.
>
> For example, For some project, a benchmark program on RTEMS is needed To
> evaluate erc32 to leon3 dynamic binary translation application.
>
> I changed initialization part of "bootcard.c" to call my benchmark
> function directly.
>

> I have worked with making the Hypervisor on RTEMS for National project of
> Korea as a developer.
>
> so I believe, I can handle and easily understand project of
> paravirtualization on RTEMS.
>
> Do you have any code that you wrote you can point us to see? Who did you
work with on that project?

> I saw "Running RTEMS in POK Partitions" paper about "Google Summer of
> Code Program 2013 Project Proposal".
>
> and I am searching for worthwhile things about paravirtualization on
> devel mailing list.
>
> are there worthwhile things I can support?
>
> There are a number of interesting problems for paravirtualization. Since
you are in Korea, one good idea would be to get the KVM virtualized RTEMS
code merged if you can work with the group that did the work; perhaps you
can even get a mentor from there. I don't think we will put more effort
into POK, however other virtualization platforms are of interest. Some
issues that need to be solved when virtualizing an RTOS are to deal with
timer updates in a useful way.