newlib master vs current newlib snapshot

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Mar 22 17:43:30 UTC 2016

Hi

When compiling at least main_date.c, there are no issues when compiled
when the current toolset. However, the newlib master reworks the
feature flags.

To fix a warning for strptime(), I had to define _XOPEN_SOURCE which
in turn disabled the BSD timebin. So I had to add _BSD_SOURCE. With
these in place, the file compiles with the newlib master but not the
snapshot.

#define _XOPEN_SOURCE
#define _BSD_SOURCE

As a hack, I also added this

#define __BSD_VISIBLE 1

and it will compile against the current tools and the master but the
"VISIBLE"
flags are not supposed to be defined

Any suggestions on how to address this cleanly or are we looking at
a tool hiccup on the next newlib change?

--joel